Monday, May 9, 2016

Entry #10 Moms Are the Best

So...what did you do for Mother's Day? Hopefully, you didn't forget about your dearest mum and at least gave her a phone call, after all she did bring you into this world (and can take you out of it). Being that I am a total mama's boy (yes I admit it), I love mother's day. It’s a time that makes us have to stop and celebrate our moms. Because, well, without our moms encouragement, nurturing, and unconditional love where would we be today? Honestly, we should be celebrating her every day, but I digress.

And so, in honor of moms and my mom, I have made a short list of 5 reasons why my mom is awesome. Please feel free to brag about your mom and give your thoughts in the comments below!

And without further ado,

Here are 5 reasons why my mom rocks!

1. She’s kindhearted:  My mom has the biggest heart of anyone I know. Whether it’s taking in abandoned animals or understanding and forgiving the wrongs of myself and others, she does so with a gentle kindness not often seen in others.

2. Always there to vent to: When I am upset, who do I call? Well, mom of course! Who else would listen patiently to my annoying prattle? After venting my frustrations she steps right in like a pro with awesome advice and/or consolation that always leaves me feeling better than ever!

3. Always smiling: Even when times are hard, my mom is always right there smiling and tossing out encouraging words. I know that during the hardest times of my life I would have folded under the pressure were it not for her gentle reassuring smile.

4. The definition of selfless: Always taking on the burnt dish, giving her own share of sweets when mines dropped on the floor, and most of all giving up her own wants so that I can have mine. I know not of a soul who is even half as gallant.

5. Unconditional love: No matter what I did and no matter what was going on and no matter how many siblings popped up I always knew that I was loved. There was never a moment in any second of the day that I was not made aware of how much I was loved and adored by her. I could not be the me I am today without this gentle warmth and I certainly hope that I've been able to give her even a millimeter of what she has given to me.

It would be an understatement to say that I love my mom. She is awesome and I am so thankful for everyday that I have with her. Love you mom!

So, now it’s your turn to tell why your mom is awesome. Feel free to share some of your favorite mom stories! 

1 comment:

  1. Justin--Nice job with these entries. Thoughtful and interesting. Good job with development and tone. You have grown a lot.

    ReplyDelete